Sunday, November 14, 2010

My Daily Bread

Sometimes you find the coolest things at yard sales. In honor of the Lord's Day, I thought I would post about this cutie that I scored a couple of years back at a sale in Saegertown, PA. It is a "Our Daily Bread" mini bread loaf that holds lots of multicolored cards with Bible scriptures on them.
I can picture the lady who owned this before me as having this sitting on her kitchen table amongst the salt & pepper to be looked at over morning coffee.



The scriptures are probably KJV because of all of the thou's and thee's, but great none the less. I personally love to memorize scripture and usually write my favorites on an index card to refer to later. So, when I saw this little set I was over the moon.


To prepare to take some pictures I just grabbed a few cards out of the loaf and randomly laid them on the table. I smiled as I read the ones that were chosen.
The card in pink is a great one!



"In my Father's house are many mansions...I go to prepare a place for you." John 14:2
I've always wanted to live in a mansion and rejoice in the knowledge that the Lord has one waiting for me!

Another great one that gave me a chuckle is the little red one on the right. It reads
"Let us not be weary in well doing, for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not." Galatians 6:9
The "if we faint not" shows that God really does have a sense of humor.

I hope you enjoyed this little collection. God Bless & Happy Sunday!
Katie

Pin It

Best Blogger Tips

1 comment:

I love your comments!
I read and appreciate each one!

I would love to be able to respond to your comment.Please leave your email address or contact info when commenting. Thanks!

Thanks for stopping by!