Friday, January 28, 2011

5 Valentine's Day Crafts - Project #2

Project #2 - Bubble Gum Machine Card

Today's project is a handmade card that would be great to give to a special teacher or extra-special person in your life.
You can personalize it just for the person who is receiving it.
Each gum ball says something that you love about the person.
Who wouldn't want to get a card like that??


Materials:
1 piece of card stock each: Black, White, Red
colored paper for the gum balls - various colors
circle punch
black fine-line pen
rubber stamps (optional)
paper glue
scissors
pack of gum

Step 1:
Fold the black piece of card stock in half to make a card.


Step 2:
Cut out of the white card stock a circle that will be the top part of the bubble gum machine.


Step 3:
Using a circle paper punch and various colors of paper, punch out the gum balls.
I punched about 2 per color.



Step 4:
Write a message on each gum ball.
I chose to write one thing I love about my daughter Gaby on each ball.


Step 5:
Attach the gum balls to the white circle using a glue stick or other paper glue of your choice.


Step 6:
Make the base of the gum ball machine.
Cut out of red paper (or another color) the base of the machine.
I just free-form cut out a shape that I thought looked good - sort of a triangle.

Glue the base to the bottom half of the card.


Step 7:
Glue the white circle with the gum balls on top of the red base.

I also added a coin slot and gum ball dispenser to my base.
These were made out of gray/silver paper and glued on.

Step 8:
Stamp (or write) a sentiment on to the bottom of the card.
I used alphabet rubber stamps.
If you don't have any of these just use your pen and write it by hand.

I stamped "I'm sweet on you Gaby"




Step 9:
Finish the card.
Inside the card I wrote "Happy Valentine's Day Love, Mom.
I also taped a pack of gum to the center.


Happy Creating!
 I know that no matter who you decide to give this card to, they will love it!




Pin It

Best Blogger Tips

1 comment:

I love your comments!
I read and appreciate each one!

I would love to be able to respond to your comment.Please leave your email address or contact info when commenting. Thanks!

Thanks for stopping by!