Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Recent Happenings

As usual, life is very full around here. I apologize for not posting this past week. Here are some of the happenings that have been going on.
Kitchen progress…
Here is what it looks like now.



We are slowly progressing towards the finish line. The hard thing about this particular project is we are doing EVERYTHING ourselves. And when I say everything, I mean absolutely everything. We were going to hire someone to install our countertops, but when the bid came in at $1700, we decided to once again, do it ourselves.
Mark built shelves to hold our dishes and my mountain of “collectibles”. Next we need to paint the shelves, finish the counter top, install the sink & faucet, install the oven and then we will be finished. 

Can I get a Hallelujah! Amen.

Some creative time…
I hosted a baby shower in my home and these were the favors that we gave out. A card with seeds and a plant marker inside.


I have always wanted a tree branch in a pot. Years ago I saw the idea in Martha’s mag to be used as an egg tree in the spring. Each year I look for the perfect tree branch and each year I have trouble finding one I like. Well this year I was successful. Here it is in use holding the cards/favors.
Next I will decorate it with eggs for Easter. The possibilities are endless.


More Craigslist…
I swear, Mark is better at “junking” than I am. If you all only knew him way back when. :) On Sunday evening he just up and left the house with only an “I’ll be back” as an explanation. Later when he returned, this was on the porch. It is a metal garden cart from the 1950’s. It is in perfect shape. He paid $10. We plan to put it in our yard to hold flowers in the summer and pumpkins in the fall.


And finally, you just have to smile..
I caught my daughter reading on the couch one night. I guess high-heels are in style no matter what you do. :)

Until we meet again,
KayteeJane



Pin It

Best Blogger Tips

1 comment:

  1. that kitchen is looking nice Kaytee
    are you going to paint the Cart?
    it's nearly as old as me I was borne in 1949

    not long now and you will have those shelves full

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!
I read and appreciate each one!

I would love to be able to respond to your comment.Please leave your email address or contact info when commenting. Thanks!

Thanks for stopping by!