Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Painting

Seems like I am always doing some painting around here. This week I am enjoying some time off from work so I decided to paint our family room. We affectionatly call this room "The Red Room" because I painted it a bold red when we first moved into our house. No, it is not a scary room like in the movie "The Shining"!
Although I love the color red, I am ready for a change.
I didn't take any "before" photos but you can see the red at the top of the wall where I haven't painted yet. The white paint is primer. From what I have read on the internet, red paint is the trickiest color to cover, so that is why I decided to do a primer coat. It was also the trickiest to apply. It took over 4 cans of red paint to cover this tiny room and it still never really looked finished. I just quit after 4 cans because I was tired of spending money on paint.

The new color I chose is a light beige. Even with the primer on the walls the room looks bigger. As a person who typically buys bright colors of paint, this is a departure. Recently I have seen so many great looking rooms where the color scheme is neutral. The rooms look so fresh and comfortable, so I'm giving it a try.
Because we have been experiencing tons of rain here, I'm not sure how long the paint will take to dry. The people at Lowe's advised me not to paint today. I don't think I'm going to listen.  I see a ray of sunshine and some blue skies so I'm just going to go for it. Hopefully I will be back with more photos in a day or two.

Until Then,
KayteeJane

Pin It

Best Blogger Tips

1 comment:

  1. Nice to meet you, love your kitchen! Would love to "follow" your blog, but didn't see a way to do that. I'm probably just overlooking something. Gail

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!
I read and appreciate each one!

I would love to be able to respond to your comment.Please leave your email address or contact info when commenting. Thanks!

Thanks for stopping by!