Sunday, January 8, 2012

Fresh and New

The Christmas stuff is put away and I'm ready for the freshness & newness that January brings.

The other day I stopped at a local antique mall and came home with these. They were only $2. I'm kind of on a white kick right now. 



There is just something that attracted me to them. For several years now I've been drawn to romantic creams & whites. Maybe this will be the year that I take the plunge and paint all of my rooms in that palette. Here is a shelf in my family room devoted to a collection of black, cream & white.


I even bought my new iPhone in white.


On that same trip to the antique mall I bought this cute kerchief. No, it isn't white, but oh so vintage & cute. It reminds me of "Rosy the Riveter". I think I'll wear it this summer while out thrifting. My daughter was gracious enough to model it for you. She looks so much better in it than I do!



Then today, while working at the antique store where I have a booth, I caved and bought myself another primitive country cupboard/pie safe. I have sort of an addiction to them. It is painted a sort of ugly burgany color. I intend to fix that problem straight away by painting it what else...but creamy white. Pics to come soon!

Hope your new year has started out fresh too!

KayteeJane

I'm sharing this post at Apron Thrift Girl's Thrift Share Monday.

Pin It

Best Blogger Tips

2 comments:

I love your comments!
I read and appreciate each one!

I would love to be able to respond to your comment.Please leave your email address or contact info when commenting. Thanks!

Thanks for stopping by!