Sunday, March 18, 2012

Transformations

It was a busy weekend. I found this piece of furniture out in my neighbor's trash last Sunday. You know I love to pick the trash so I didn't want to leave it behind to get thrown away, so I took it home.


Here are the drawers.


After sanding it, we (meaning Mark) sprayed it with an oil based paint in flat black.


Here is how it turned out.


I decided to cover the raised pieces on the doors with decorative paper. The old hardware was upgraded to glass knobs.


I like how it turned out! It has been moved to the antique store and is for sale. If you live close by and are interested in this, drop me an email. I will give you a great deal :))

The weather here in Pittsburgh has been crazy beautiful for this time of year. It feels like mid-May instead of mid-March. I am considering bringing out my porch furniture and decorating the porch again. When I dropped the buffet at the antique store I spotted this. This little chair is so me. I love old metal porch furniture, kid-sized furniture & rusty junk - so of course I had to buy it! 


I think it will be sweet with a pot of flowers on it.

Hope you enjoyed your weekend too.

KayteeJane



Pin It

Best Blogger Tips

1 comment:

I love your comments!
I read and appreciate each one!

I would love to be able to respond to your comment.Please leave your email address or contact info when commenting. Thanks!

Thanks for stopping by!