Friday, June 29, 2012

Vintage Swim Caps

We hit an interesting estate sale recently where I found these two vintage bathing caps. This sale was an interesting one in that there were rooms and rooms of ladies clothing, shoes and purses up for sale. Most of what was for sale was newer clothing suitable for an older woman size 12. I dug around briefly, not thinking I was going to find anything at all. Low and behold I stumbled upon these cute caps. They cost $3 for the both. I was probably the only person there who would have considered even buying them. LOL


I bought them solely for display - although I appreciate how cute they are. They look like flower puffs. Ladies of the 1950's sure had quite the style thing going on. Can you imagine wearing these to hang out by the pool? No frizzy summer hair anywhere to be seen! I know my frizzy hair is struggling right now during this hot and humid Pittsburgh summer.

I happen to have 2 hat stands that didn't have hats on them so I decided to display these bathing caps on the stands on my mantle for summer. They are part of my summer display that I will be showing you soon.

Here is a picture of some ladies wearing similar hats back in the day. We should take a page out of these ladie's book on fashion. I think they look great!


Picture source: Vogue 1955 - Found on THIS blog.



Picture source: HERE

 KayteeJane

Pin It

Best Blogger Tips

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!
I read and appreciate each one!

I would love to be able to respond to your comment.Please leave your email address or contact info when commenting. Thanks!

Thanks for stopping by!