Friday, December 21, 2012

Holiday Bling

When I used to work outside of the home I loved dressing for the last work day before the holiday. This is the day when everyone wears their festive holiday sweaters, hats, pins and ties. I sort of miss that. Today both of my daughter's went off to school wearing fun holiday hair bows, head bands and t-shirts.

In honor of those fun days of dressing up with holiday style - here is a tribute to some of the holiday bling of yesteryear...

Corsages....
These are really a throw back to the 1950's & 1960's. They are very much over the top! They are made in Japan. When I look at these I visualize a sweet older lady wearing one of these on her coat lapel.

I'm not really even sure where I bought these. I think they might have come inside a bag of miscellaneous vintage Christmas ornaments that I picked up at a house sale once. I bought them thinking that I might tear them apart to use in craft projects. I also think they would make cute package toppers.

Up Close...


Here are some fun vintage pins that I've collected over the years. I love pinning these to coats and hats at Christmas time.







Vintage Hankies..
I love vintage hankies and have been fortunate to score a few Christmas ones over the years. I love to put these in my purse to use during Christmas Eve church service - where I usually shed a tear or two.





May you enjoy dressing up in your own style this holiday!
KayteeJane

Pin It

Best Blogger Tips

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!
I read and appreciate each one!

I would love to be able to respond to your comment.Please leave your email address or contact info when commenting. Thanks!

Thanks for stopping by!