Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Crocheted Heart Necklace

I recently taught myself to crochet. Well I taught myself to do some of the stitches that is. I went on You Tube and watched some tutorials. I am a visual learner and find it so much easier to learn by watching and doing rather than looking in a book and trying to learn that way. I found a tutorial for crocheted hearts and gave it a try. After practicing several times I was able to make a few hearts that were pretty enough to actually use. I ended up making a few necklaces with them. Here is the finished result on Hannah.

Here is how I did it.

First I crocheted a few hearts. I found the bright pink yarn at Walmart for under $3.

If you don't know how to make a heart do a search on You Tube. There are many tutorials on there to choose from. HERE is the tutorial that I used.

 
You will also need a chain link necklace that you aren't using anymore. I happened to find a few very inexpensive ones at a dollar store. I bet you could also find some cheap ones at the thrift store. I chose necklaces that had clasps on them because I didn't want the necklace to be very long.

I used a pair of wire cutters and cut the chain so that you have two equal pieces of chain hanging from the clasp. This is where you are going to attach the heart. If you want your necklace to sit closer to your throat, take off more links on each side.


You will also need 2 jump rings to attach the heart to the chain. These can be purchased at Walmart or the craft store.


Using a pair of pliers, carefully open a jump ring and loop one end of the chain onto it. You will also loop a strand of yarn from one side of the heart onto it as well. Close the ring. Repeat this for the other side of the heart.


This is it. The necklace is finished. I love how it turned out - and very simple.

Since I had a few extra hearts lying around I also attached one to the center of a hair bow. Shown here on Gaby.


KayteeJane




Pin It

Best Blogger Tips

1 comment:

I love your comments!
I read and appreciate each one!

I would love to be able to respond to your comment.Please leave your email address or contact info when commenting. Thanks!

Thanks for stopping by!