Friday, May 31, 2013

Saturday Scores - Memorial Day

I'm just now getting around to posting about some of the treasures I found over the Memorial Day holiday. Memorial Day weekend is my favorite weekend for yard sales. It is sort of the unofficial kick-off of junking season in my eyes. The beginning of a bounty of summer sales to come. This year we hit a small town in Pennsylvania for their annual town-wide yard sales. We go to these yard sales every year and I always wonder in the days leading up to Saturday if this will be the year that the sales stink. I figure if a town has yard sales year in and year out that eventually all of the good vintage junk will be gone. Well this year was just as good as years past and I did find some great vintage items. Here are the highlights.

This was my first purchase of the day and in the end probably my favorite. A beautiful soft blue/green vintage pottery vase. I don't have another like it in my collection. It was love at first sight. 

This cute Avon perfume bottle will sit on my dresser. It was $1. I don't usually buy Avon bottles but since I used to collect vintage plaid Thermos's I couldn't pass this up.

These cute embroidered children in plastic frames are going to be for sale in my etsy shop. I don't have a place for them in my home but I couldn't pass them up because I think they are very sweet! I know someone out there will appreciate them.
I also found some barkcloth. This is a large laundry bag. I figure I will cut it up and make it into either some pillows or a tote bag.
 

 I also bought some Christmas elves. These two were 5 cents for both! I kid you not. They still have the Made in Japan sticker on them. I walked out of there with about 12 little elves. These will also be for sale closer to Christmas.

 On the way back from yard sales we stopped at a Salvation Army store. So glad I did because I walked out with both of these. Love the teal pie plate.


In addition to yard sales we also went to a flea market. I found more treasures there. A bird planter to add to my bird collection.

Some vintage necklacesI also bought a vintage wicker basket purse. The large one in the picture is the one I bought at the flea. I have a little collection of these on display in my bedroom.

All in all a great weekend for junk! Already it is Friday and tomorrow it all starts again.

Back soon with more finds!
KayteeJane




Pin It

Best Blogger Tips

1 comment:

I love your comments!
I read and appreciate each one!

I would love to be able to respond to your comment.Please leave your email address or contact info when commenting. Thanks!

Thanks for stopping by!