Friday, June 14, 2013

Chalkboard Plant Markers


I planted a garden this year for the first time in many years. I'm a little late in getting it done, but no matter. I am hoping that come August I will have a bounty of homegrown veggies. I made some garden markers using paint sticks and chalkboard paint. It is super simple to do and inexpensive too. Here are the steps.

You will need some paint stirring sticks, chalkboard paint & chalk. I got my sticks from our local Ace Hardware for free.

I used a quart of Chalkboard Paint made by Rustoleum and applied it with a paint spraying gun. If you don't want to do that just brush it or buy chalkboard spray paint.


To write on the painted sticks I used a chalk marker that I bought at Michaels. They are available in white and also colors. I figured that the lettering would hold up better in the rain with a marker than with traditional dust chalk. Use whatever you have on hand.


Here are the sticks after painting and lettering.

Here they are in the garden.
I like how they turned out.



KayteeJane






Pin It

Best Blogger Tips

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!
I read and appreciate each one!

I would love to be able to respond to your comment.Please leave your email address or contact info when commenting. Thanks!

Thanks for stopping by!