Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween 1950's Style

I decided to dress as a 1950's housewife this year for Halloween. That is my alter-ego after all! I've been searching thrift stores and antique shops for something vintage to wear. I found the dress at an estate sale. It isn't exactly what I visualized, but in the end I think it turned out perfect. It fit comfortably too, which is tricky with vintage clothing because everything was cut smaller back then. I only paid a dollar for the dress so it was a no-brainer. The apron is one from my personal stash. 
When I posted this picture on Facebook I received the most wonderful responses. Some people said they thought they were looking at an ad from the past and only when they looked at it more closely did they realize it was me. Yes, that is really my kitchen. I pride myself on having all of my favorite vintage kitchen things out on display. Others said that I reminded them of their mother. I take that as a compliment. 
I work at a school and most of the kids there didn't understand the outfit. When I referenced June Clever from Leave It To Beaver they really looked at me with blank faces. Ah youth! 
All in all it was a lot of fun. I'm going to be on the lookout for more vintage clothes in my travels and may even wear a few pieces on days other than Halloween. 
Happy 1950's Halloween!
KayteeJane


Pin It

Best Blogger Tips

7 comments:

  1. I thought it was a vintage picture when I saw it first too, just great!,,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, super cute and a great photo! Love your dress and pretty hair! Happy Halloween! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful job!!! Haha the kids don't know beaver?!!! I love that show! You look great, and the photo came out great too! Happy belated halloween =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it!!! You did a great job pulling your look together. I just found your blog but I already know you from Instagram! (I'm mrspyrex). Glad I found you!

    Cheers,
    Heather @ Lark & Lola
    www.larkandlola.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are just beautiful!! So fun...you pulled it ALL together beautifully!!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!
I read and appreciate each one!

I would love to be able to respond to your comment.Please leave your email address or contact info when commenting. Thanks!

Thanks for stopping by!