Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Autumn Collectibles

For years now part of my collecting has gone into aquiring things that center around a particular holiday. When fall rolls around I bring out some of my favorite pieces to decorate with.

This is a collection of vintage metal trays. (sorry about the glare) The colors are really pretty and I love that they are decorated with autumn leaves. This year I displayed them on my mantel.

This red tray is my favorite. Looking at it just makes me smile. It was the first tray that I bought and it came from one of my favorite antique stores. It is a little scratched up, but I don't care! I have seen similar ones since that time but none that have a red background with oak leaves. Oak leaves are a special favorite because I live in Oakmont - home to the most beautiful Oak trees on the planet.


I can't remember exactly where I got this tray, probably at a yard sale. It is a pretty green color with a yellow border.



The black tray is the most recent addition to my collection. I think I paid about 25 cents for it at a yard sale. If I remember correctly it was lumped in a bag with some other stuff. I think it has the perfect colors for the season. It works great holding candy on Halloween.


I love collecting vintage pottery. These two guys are two of my favorites and they only make an appearance for a few months a year and then go back into storage. Again, I'm loving these because of their oak and squirrel theme. The gray piece is McCoy. The pink squirrel isn't marked and I'm not sure who the maker is. Both of these came from yard sales.


This is another piece of vintage pottery. I'm not sure of the maker. It reminds me of a cornucopia, so I like to put it out around Thanksgiving. It is a pretty peach/tan color - which you probably can't see because my picture is dark!

Thanks for letting me share some of my autumn collectibles.




Pin It

Best Blogger Tips

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!
I read and appreciate each one!

I would love to be able to respond to your comment.Please leave your email address or contact info when commenting. Thanks!

Thanks for stopping by!