Thursday, June 2, 2011

More Yard Sale Treasures - Part 1

Memorial Day weekend was a great one for yard sales.

We saw this...


and this...


and then this...


Which resulted in the purchase of these...

A Polka Dot Pyrex


A Blue & White Pyrex nesting bowl set. Looks like it was never used.


...all nested together


Some pottery...

This is my favorite find of the weekend. A yellow McCoy planter. I have never seen one like this before. The best part is what is on the bottom. It appears to have the original price stamp - 49 cents - from when it was on the shelf at the 5 and 10.


A pink planter marked USA. It was $1


A cute ivy vase


This Abe Lincoln bank was bought from a very nice older lady. It wasn't priced so I asked her how much it was. She responded "Well...it's pretty old. I really like it but I need to part with some things.....(a long pause while I wait for her to tell me a very large sum of money).....how about 75 cents?". I said "How about $1?" She was cool with that. 
After watching American Picker's last night, which was all about the 
Civil War, I'm proud to own this little Abe bank in honor of what a great man Abraham Lincoln was.


I'll be posting Part 2 of my Yard Sale treasures tomorrow.

See you then,
KayteeJane



Pin It

Best Blogger Tips

1 comment:

  1. Wow! It's like it was Pyrex weekend for you! I just love the Pyrex nesting bowls. I would love to donate all of my non-Pyrex mixing bowls and only use Pyrex in the kitchen. So cute! And that old lady sounds precious, asking for 75 cents!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!
I read and appreciate each one!

I would love to be able to respond to your comment.Please leave your email address or contact info when commenting. Thanks!

Thanks for stopping by!