Friday, July 1, 2011

Red, White & Blue

Happy 4th of July!
Today I'm sharing some red, white & blue on display right now around the house.

A flag serving dish by Hartstone of Ohio.


As I've mentioned before I have a collection of vintage glass soda bottles. These 3 are on my mantle right now. I love the "Smile" brand soda bottle. It says "replenish with a Smile". I would drink that wouldn't you?


I found these cute vintage reproduction Cracker Jack boxes at Walmart.


This is an old picture holder that I bought several years ago at an antique store. I love the stars.


An Uncle Sam pottery planter.


This is an old drum-major baton that I found at an estate sale. I can picture a marching band playing Yankee Doodle Dandy when I look at this.


Some of my favorite dishes inside a painted primitive cupboard.


A miniature metal chair. 


My favorite patchwork quilt. Right now it is on my bed. It isn't big enough to cover a king-size, but I love cuddling with it on chilly summer nights. 


The dress form dressed up for Independence Day.


I love chenille bed spreads and have collected several over the years. They are usually too small to cover my bed so I don't typically use them as bedspreads. Here I am using a pretty blue & white one as a make-shift slip cover for a chair. This is the underside. 


My favorite American girl - Holly Hobbie. A true American original. Here she sits on a child's wicker rocker.


Thanks for stopping to visit. I hope you have a wonderful 4th of July holiday. I plan on hitting some yard sales this weekend. Hope to be back next week with what I found.

KayteeJane



Pin It

Best Blogger Tips

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!
I read and appreciate each one!

I would love to be able to respond to your comment.Please leave your email address or contact info when commenting. Thanks!

Thanks for stopping by!