Sunday, October 23, 2011

Autumn Chex Mix

Serve this yummy snack at your Halloween or Harvest party - or make some just to snack on :).




Autumn Chex Mix

Ingredients:
4 1/2 cups Corn Chex
4 1/2 cups Rice Chex
1 cup Brown Sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
2 bags of candy corn
5 cups of bite-size pretzels
Non-stick cooking spray

Directions:
In a large bowl place cereals. In a seperate bowl melt butter in microwave. Add brown sugar & corn syrup to melted butter and stir. Add baking soda and stir until dissolved. Pour this over the cereal and stir until cereal is coated with butter/sugar mixture.

Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Cover a baking sheet with foil and then spray with non-stick cooking spray. Pour cereal mixture onto sheet in a thin layer. Bake for 10 minutes or until brown and crispy. Remove from the oven and cool.

Once cereal is cool remove it from the baking tray and put it back into a large bowl. Some pieces may be stuck together. Just break these up with your hands. Add the pretzels and candy corn. Mix it up. Done!

I made some for party favors. I put the mix in canning jars, topped the jars with fabric and gave them away.



Enjoy!
KayteeJane

Pin It

Best Blogger Tips

1 comment:

  1. I love candy corn and those little pumpkins, PLUS I love making chex mix, so this is perfect for me!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!
I read and appreciate each one!

I would love to be able to respond to your comment.Please leave your email address or contact info when commenting. Thanks!

Thanks for stopping by!