Friday, January 20, 2012

Breakfast for Dinner

Tonight for dinner I made breakfast. I am tired from working all week and need something easy. It also seems to suit on a cold, snowy night when staying in beats going out.

Home fries cooking in a cast iron skillet. 
A well-seasoned cast iron skillet is the best non-stick skillet there is hands down. This skillet has been in use for years and has obtained the perfect "seasoning". 
Hubby looks for cast iron at yard sales and flea markets but seldom finds any. When he does they don't come cheap - they hold their value and rightly so.


Greasy Bacon - the real, pork variety - which I prefer to cook on an electric griddle.


Then, as the bacon is cooking all I can think about is how much bacon grease is getting on my Pyrex! (That is the down fall of open shelving)


But it is all worth it in the end when I sink my teeth into my yummy "breakfast".


Enjoy!

KayteeJane



Pin It

Best Blogger Tips

1 comment:

I love your comments!
I read and appreciate each one!

I would love to be able to respond to your comment.Please leave your email address or contact info when commenting. Thanks!

Thanks for stopping by!