Saturday, April 28, 2012

Estate Sale Spoils

The junking season is back and this Saturday the junking gods smiled down and we found some good items. Here is most everything that we bought on Saturday morning laid out on the dining room table.


We went to 2 Estate Sales in the same town. Both were true estate sales - an entire home's contents up for sale. The best part was both sales were being run by the family and not an estate sale company, so the prices were very reasonable as the family just wanted to clean out. I kid you not when I say that at the second sale they were selling things for 5 and 10 cents each! We filled several bags and I think we only ended up spending about $20 in all.

Here are some highlights:

Most of the items in this picture were bought for a dollar or less. My favorite: the milk glass vase, which was a quarter. Other cool stuff - an old camera, planters, a flower frog and a cool wire basket.


Love this little doll bed. It was $1.


Some old books. Love the cover of this one by L. Frank Baum.


This old tin was $2.50. Not sure if I will keep it or sell it. It would make a cool garbage can.


Some flags. These were a nickel a piece.


A wicker planter


Some linens


All in all it was a lot of fun. I admit that I get a bit frenzied in the heat of the moment and buy stuff I just don't need. It is hard to pass up something old and cool when it is only 5, 10 or 25 cents. Much of this will go to a flea market I am selling at in a few weeks. I will be able to price things reasonably and still make a profit.

Hope you had a great Saturday too.

KayteeJane

Pin It

Best Blogger Tips

2 comments:

  1. I had been looking for a can like that to use as our kitchen trash can, but now I have to use a giant industrial outside can to keep Sammi out of the trash. LOL

    This is like the eighth week in a row I have bought nothing. Nada. I am starting to have cold sweats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You found some great items...my friends and I went to some sales this Saturday, too, but didn't find as many great items as you did...lucky girl :) Thanks for sharing your finds!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!
I read and appreciate each one!

I would love to be able to respond to your comment.Please leave your email address or contact info when commenting. Thanks!

Thanks for stopping by!