Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Creativity Bekons

The summer is usually the time of year when I do most of my crafting, sewing and creating. Over the past two days I have hit both Michael's and JoAnn's stocking up on some things to do some projects I have in mind.

While at Michael's I couldn't resist their dollar bins. They have some great things in there! Here is what I bought.


I didn't go crazy, just got a few things. Sherbert colored doilies, polka dot cupcake liners and mini chalkboard signs that clip onto things. I don't have any specific projects in mind for these, just thought I'd stock up for later. At a $1 a pack they are tough to pass up.


I bought the chalkboard signs in both red and green. They are made of wood and have a mini clothespin attached to the back. If you can think of a cool way to use these please leave me a comment. I'd love to know your thoughts. I thought they would be cute as cupcake toppers attached to a toothpick. Each cupcake could have a different word on it.

At JoAnn's I found this great British craft magazine called Mollie Makes.I guess I am behind the times because it is already on issue #14.  It is pretty pricey, as it is an import, but since I love all things British I couldn't resist buying it simply for the visual inspiration inside. It came with a wedding "lookbook" that had a great vintage brooch bouquet pictured on the front. Although I am not getting married or planning a wedding I now have a desire to make one of these bouquets. I am going to be on the lookout this summer while yard saleing for cool vintage flower pins and brooches. If you like this idea too Google "Miranda Lambert's Wedding Bouquet" - she was the first person that I've heard of that had a brooch bouquet at her wedding.




I love the trend for "vintage-style" weddings that is all the rage now. Wish that 16 years ago I would have thought to incorporate my love of vintage into my wedding.

Happy Creating!
KayteeJane

Pin It

Best Blogger Tips

1 comment:

  1. The little chalkboards would be cute in a veggie garden or as seedling labels!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!
I read and appreciate each one!

I would love to be able to respond to your comment.Please leave your email address or contact info when commenting. Thanks!

Thanks for stopping by!