Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Flowers

I wanted to show you some flowers that I made recently out of burlap and old paper. I have been wanting to make a burlap flower bouquet for some time now ever since I saw a picture of one either on etsy or in a magazine. (I can't remember where I first saw the idea exactly.) I don't have a real need for a bouquet - I'm not getting married again or anything - but that hasn't stopped me from wanting one of these for myself. It has been months since I first saw the idea and then purchased the burlap. Finally, this past Saturday we had the perfect weather for staying inside and crafting. It was a rainy, cool day here - the first we have had in a long time. Here is what was made:

 

Inside each bloom a piece of vintage lace is fastened by a jewel colored pin.


The bouquet is wrapped up with more burlap and some vintage crochet doilies. These are also secured with some more pretty pins for decoration.

 

I am very happy with how the bouquet turned out. I have it on display in my dining room right now and I'm just enjoying looking it.

Also on Saturday I made some flowers out of sheet music and vintage ledger paper.

 
 
I love these also! They were very simple and fun to make.

If anyone out there is interested in either a burlap bouquet or a vintage paper flower bouquet, please contact me and I will be happy to give you a quote for making either. You can contact me at:
kayteejane@hotmail.com
These would be great for a vintage-theme wedding, country wedding or even something different for Homecoming or Prom.

Thanks for stopping today!
KayteeJane

Pin It

Best Blogger Tips

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!
I read and appreciate each one!

I would love to be able to respond to your comment.Please leave your email address or contact info when commenting. Thanks!

Thanks for stopping by!