Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Bring on Thanksgiving

I love Thanksgiving. It is one of my favorite holidays. I love how it is all about giving thanks, being with those that you love and enjoying a delicious meal together. I also love that it is a holiday without a lot of stress. It is one day, with not a lot of advance preparation.  As much as I am tempted every year to go straight into Christmas decorating once Halloween is done, I stop myself. I still want to enjoy the fall weather, the leaves and my favorite...the pumpkins. I'm not ready to give it all up just yet to snowmen and Santa - as much as I love those too.

Here are some decorations that I have out for Thanksgiving. I hope you are inspired to stop and enjoy this wonderful holiday along with me.

I've been crafting a lot with burlap lately. I really love it. Here is a banner I made out of burlap that is hanging from the mantle. I hope to share a tutorial about how to make them soon. I'm still loving the white pottery right now. The white cornucopia is a favorite score from this summer - only $1.00 at a thrift shop.


A burlap pumpkin that I made too.


Some felted pumpkins and a crocheted pumpkin.



These metal trays have become a mini collection in themselves. It started with the red tray several years ago and over time I have found a few more here and there. I love these trays and put them out every fall. They are useful too. I use them to serve cookies and snacks when I have company to visit.


A glass turkey made by L.E. Smith Glass in the 1990's. He is not old in age, but looks like a piece of vintage glass to me. I have one of these for sale in clear glass if you are looking for one. Click HERE to see it.


I found six of these English plates at a yard sale a few years ago. Good for serving pumpkin pie!


A vintage candy box.


Some old spice tins are also used for decoration.


There are a few more decorations to share. I will be showing them next time.

Thanks for stopping!

KayteeJane

Pin It

Best Blogger Tips

1 comment:

I love your comments!
I read and appreciate each one!

I would love to be able to respond to your comment.Please leave your email address or contact info when commenting. Thanks!

Thanks for stopping by!