Monday, February 18, 2013

Abraham Lincoln

In honor of President's Day I wanted to share this wonderful antique children's book that I picked up a year or so ago called Abraham Lincoln.

It was printed in 1939. Illustrations and writing by Ingri & Edgar Parin d'Aulaire. Artwork is done by lithograph. I took some pictures of some of the illustrations.


I also have this vintage glass bank made by Lincoln Food Inc. of Lawrence Massachusetts. I picked this up at a yard sale for 10 cents.

 

Apparently Lincoln is America's most popular U.S. President. I don't own any thing else with a president on it - so I guess this proves true in my house as well.

Happy President's Day
KayteeJane


Pin It

Best Blogger Tips

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!
I read and appreciate each one!

I would love to be able to respond to your comment.Please leave your email address or contact info when commenting. Thanks!

Thanks for stopping by!