Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Mud Pies

I don't know what it is about being a kid and playing in the dirt, but mud pies always seem to be on the menu. I caught my girls making these the other evening. I thought I would share them with you because they make me smile.


I love how they used what they had on hand to decorate them.




A few years ago I found this cute little book somewhere. I bought it just because I thought it was interesting that someone actually wrote a book about making mud pies. 


I don't think you actually need a recipe book for mud pies....at least I don't :) - but it is fun to read anyway.

Just looking at these little sand cakes and pies that my daughters created helps me to stop and appreciate the beauty in the simple, little things around us each day. I love how a child can take what they have on hand and create something with it. There is no need to go out and buy the biggest and the best toy or gadget out there. Some sand, dirt, flowers, grass and cups & saucers can entertain for hours.

Here's to making mud pies...and enjoying life in its most simple yet beautiful form.

Pin It

Best Blogger Tips

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!
I read and appreciate each one!

I would love to be able to respond to your comment.Please leave your email address or contact info when commenting. Thanks!

Thanks for stopping by!