Thursday, July 7, 2011

Charming Chinese Planters

This past weekend I was fortunate enough to go to a flea market. My husband spied these planters on the ground on a blanket as we were passing through the aisles. I have never seen vintage planters in this theme before. I love the muted greens, yellows and pinks - which point to their vintage age.


There are 4 different designs.






Sometimes I ask the seller where they found the items that they are selling so that I can  learn something about the history or origin. In this case the seller told me that these planters had belonged to her Mother-in-Law who had collected asian-themed items all of her life. Often family and friends had given her gifts, like these planters, to add to her collection. This explains why there was a group of 4 different designs.

These planters are useful in other occupations besides holding plants. They would be cute on your desk as a container for pens or business cards, or in your craft room to hold buttons or other small items.




I'm not sure if I will keep all of these or not. If you are interested in any of them, let me know as I would consider parting with a few.

Thanks for stopping today!
KayteeJane

Pin It

Best Blogger Tips

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!
I read and appreciate each one!

I would love to be able to respond to your comment.Please leave your email address or contact info when commenting. Thanks!

Thanks for stopping by!