Friday, August 10, 2012

Junk Drunk part 2

The junk roll continues....

I found some vintage Christmas to add to my collection including this cute little paper house. I love the heart print on the roof and the ivy trailing up the front of the house.


I almost walked away from these mugs but decided that at $2 for all I just needed to buy them and then decide what to do with them later.


This Christmas tablecloth is stained but at $1 I couldn't walk away. It may get cut up and sewn into stockings or ornaments.


Speaking of holidays, I bought these cute paper mache Easter eggs for 50 cents. The lady selling them told that me she made them. I like the pink egg the most.




From the same sale I bought these vintage curtains. The woman was cleaning out her entire house and I bought many things from her that day. These were laying discarded on the ground on the top of a garbage bag. I asked her if they were for sale and she seemed surprised that I would want them. She told me they hung in her kitchen for years.


I bought this one for the fabric and I'm going to make 2 pillows from it. It is so soft. I'm guessing it may be from the 1960's because recently when I was watching an old episode of Mad Men I noticed that Don & Betty's couch was made out of a fabric with a very similar geometric pattern.


This is a valence. I wish I would have asked her if she had 2 of these but I didn't think of it at the time. I will be using this on a window somewhere. Lucky for me I have a lot of green in my house so it will fit right in.


That is it for today. Next time I will post the last of the junk.

KayteeJane

Pin It

Best Blogger Tips

1 comment:

  1. Great finds! I swear that gold/brown print is a dead ringer for the kitchen curtains my Mom had back in the 60's. They were "cafe" curtains and hung from little brass clips. Ah... memories!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!
I read and appreciate each one!

I would love to be able to respond to your comment.Please leave your email address or contact info when commenting. Thanks!

Thanks for stopping by!